APACS ADVOCACY 2021 SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
Follow US! @APACSORG Twitter & Instagram
Join us on our Virtual Advocacy Day on TWITTER
Tuesday, February 9th and 10th @ 11:30 am – 12:30 pm (Trending Hour)
Here’s how you can participate:
- Log into your Twitter account to post a Student Aid story.
- Use the hashtag #StandUp4StudentAid, #APACSORG, #STEPNY, & #CSTEPNY in all of your posts.
- Tag key leadership and local legislators to make sure they hear why student aid programs are important to their district and their constituents.
- Below you will find two links that will help you find your local senator and assembly member based on your address and zip code:
- Once you have found your senator and assemblyman and are ready to tag them on Twitter, you can search for their Twitter handle using the following link: https://lrany.org/nys-legislator-twitter-handles/
- If you are beginning a tweet with someone’s Twitter handle, please begin the tweet with a period (.) before the @ symbol, so that everyone can see it.
We are asking for 20% increase in our Funding!
- STEP programs have not received an increase in funding for three years!
- CSTEP programs have not received an increase in funding for five years!
We encourage you to be creative and share your personal story (How has STEP and CSTEP changed your life? What does STEP and CSTEP mean to you, your children and your students?). Here are some sample tweets to get you started – use these as a jumping-off point:
- STEP and CSTEP work for New York! Please increase CSTEP/STEP funding by 20% and continue the state’s investment in our future engineers, scientists, doctors & other technical professionals.@APACSORG, #STEPNY, #CSTEPNY @SenatorJohnDoe!
- STEP and CSTEP made it possible for me to be the first person in my family to pursue a college degree — #StandUp4StudentAid, @APACSORG, #STEPNY, #CSTEPNY and protect that dream for all New Yorkers @SenatorJohnDoe!
- .@SenatorJohnDoe students like me at #MyCollegeName are counting on you to INCREASE FUNDING for #STEPNY, #CSTEPNY, @APACSORG #StandUp4StudentAid to keep college accessible and affordable.
Spread the word: encourage your entire family/school/work community to participate, the more people sharing their STEP/ CSTEP stories and encouraging legislators to INCREASE FUNDING #STEPNY, #CSTEPNY #StandUp4StudentAid, the more powerful our voices will be!