In collaboration with Dr. Damon A. Williams, APACS presents a Virtual Leadership Training on Saturday, June 26th. Dr. Damon A. Williams, a nationally recognized Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) scholar and expert, will focus on sharing some of the latest DEI-related research, concepts, and best practices that all individuals can use in their day-to-day lives to help promote a culture of everyday inclusion. Some examples of the opportune concepts and topics that will be covered during this session include:
- Foundations of inclusive excellence & strategic diversity leadership;
- Unpacking the impacts of unconscious bias, microaggressions, and micro-affirmations;
- Strategies that reinforce culturally relevant decision-making.
By leveraging national data, introspective stories, and the pragmatic voice that can only come from having led DEI-related organizational change efforts at all levels of leadership, this session aims to empower, educate, and inspire hope in all of those that attend.
There will be two separate sessions for STEP and CSTEP students:
- 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Session 1 (STEP 7th – 10th graders)
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM: Session 2 (STEP 11th graders – CSTEP Seniors)
The cost to participate in this special training event is a flat rate of $250 per program (e.g., STEP – $250, CSTEP – $250).
There will be a special raffle during each session with an opportunity for students in attendance to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card.
Register by Wednesday, June 16th!